This error in WordPress can occur due to various reasons, including server connectivity issues, PHP memory limit, or plugin conflicts. Here are some steps you can take to fix this error:
- 1. Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and try again.
- 2. Increase PHP memory limit: Try increasing the PHP memory limit of your WordPress site. To do this, you can add the following line of code to your wp-config.php file:
This will increase the PHP memory limit to 256MB, which should be enough for most WordPress installations.
3. Disable plugins: Sometimes, a plugin conflict can cause the installation to fail. Try disabling all plugins and then attempt to install WordPress again. If the installation is successful, you can then re-enable your plugins one by one to find the problematic one.
4. Use a different browser: Sometimes, using a different browser can help resolve the issue.
5. Contact your hosting provider: If none of the above steps work, contact your hosting provider and ask them to investigate the issue. It’s possible that the server is experiencing connectivity issues that are causing the installation to fail.
Hopefully, one of these steps will help you fix the “Installation failed: Connection lost or the server is busy. Please try again later” error in WordPress.